I was looking at this image shortly after you posted it but before you titled it. Without the title I would have placed it in Barrett's aesthetically evaluative category. I viewed it as "found" art or perhaps something you created that you "considered worthy of aesthetic observation and contemplation." It seemed to be a study of line, shape and texture. However, once you titled it, I had to consider what the title brought to my interpretation. The title gives the image a definite narrative quality that I did not previously considered. Who is guilty of what? Spilling a beverage or food does not normally produce guilt so…. What exactly has been splattered on the tile? The image now becomes disturbing to me as I consider the how, what, where, when, why of the spatters in relation to someone’s guilt. All that just because you chose to title this piece! As has been mentioned by others your ability to title your images is impressive! Do you write? PS I would like to look at your internal/external assignment if you don't mind.
I was looking at this image shortly after you posted it but before you titled it. Without the title I would have placed it in Barrett's aesthetically evaluative category. I viewed it as "found" art or perhaps something you created that you "considered worthy of aesthetic observation and contemplation." It seemed to be a study of line, shape and texture. However, once you titled it, I had to consider what the title brought to my interpretation. The title gives the image a definite narrative quality that I did not previously considered. Who is guilty of what? Spilling a beverage or food does not normally produce guilt so…. What exactly has been splattered on the tile? The image now becomes disturbing to me as I consider the how, what, where, when, why of the spatters in relation to someone’s guilt. All that just because you chose to title this piece! As has been mentioned by others your ability to title your images is impressive! Do you write?
ReplyDeletePS I would like to look at your internal/external assignment if you don't mind.
I love this.
ReplyDelete